Home Forums Packagesoft Products Packagesoft Network Profile Manager Packagesoft Network Profile Manager Wireless Network

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shaunbaldwin 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

shaunbaldwin
    Participant

Hi Packagesoft,

We are using the NPM product and are having some problems getting to the Intranet Home page when logging on via the corporate WLAN. We suspect that there may be a timing problem where the NPM service is changing to the unknown network before the Corporate WLAN network is able to connect?

Paul
    Keymaster

Hi,

For clarification, do you mean that after your initial login when IE is ran for the first time (by the way is this via a corporate login script?) the corporate home page cannot be found because NPM has set the Unknown Network profile? If so we have occasionally seen this and you’re right; it is down to a timing issue. Actually what happens is NPM scans the available networks during the login process and runs any actions against the matched network. It just depends on whether this scan is performed before the corporate WLAN has connected. Even though your WLAN NPM profile will be set when the WLAN connects, IE will not respond to this change as it will still be searching for the corporate home page with an incorrect proxy.

Can I just confirm that this issue is only seen once at logon and that when the initial start-up page has timed out, you can simply select the IE Home page option and everything then works as expected?

shaunbaldwin
    Participant

Hi Paul, yes I can confirm that this only happens once after the initial logon. After selecting the home page all works well ok. FYI , it is Group Policy that launches IE not a logon script.

I think we have also seen it whilst connecting on the physical LAN but not very often. I guess by its very nature WLAN logon can be longer sometimes. Maybe the only way for us to know for sure that the network has started before we launch IE is for it to be started as a program action linked to the Corporate Network profile?

Paul
    Keymaster

Hi Shaun,

Yes that would be the only way to absolutely ensure this. We are working on a new add-in that will allow you to launch a program (IE in this case) when a given NPM Profile is activated. This action will have a number of options to allow you to specify how the program is run e.g. the number of instances of the particular program 1 or many. This should be available for purchase by the end of this month.

Paul

shaunbaldwin
    Participant

Hi Paul, That’s sounds an ideal way to get round the problem.

What’s the situation with existing development customers for the add-in?

Shaun

Paul
    Keymaster

Hi Shaun,

As you are a development partner you would qualify for the special add-in rates (to be discussed outside of the forum). Can you remind me of the number of seats that you would require?

Paul

shaunbaldwin
    Participant

Hi Paul,

We currently have approx. 500 users. As you suggest, lets organise a separate meeting with our usual representatives present.

Shaun

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Visit us on TwitterVisit us on YouTubeVisit us on LinkedinVisit us on GooglePlus